Monday 12 January 2009

Solutions For Free Flow of Traffic

I happened to witness a major Traffic Jam (that happens regularly) at a traffic junction in the ever developing Hyderabad. With almost any one shouting at each other, I jumped into the scene, signaling a truck to leave, and became a traffic cop for a while.

In the mean time, an over enthusiastic car driver(you will find loads of them in Hyderabad), wanted to take a U-turn. I signaled him to stop for a minute.

He wouldn’t budge, he kept making the U turn stopping many vehicles behind him, beside him, and in front of him. Now, everybody was shouting and signaling at him. I think my signal to stop him was the most polite one of all.

He bumped into an auto rickshaw, and his ignition switched off. The auto rickshaw fellow shouted at him in a mixture of Telugu, Urdu & Hindi. Even in all the noise, I could clearly hear the niceties showered on the car driver, his mother, his sister and his whole family. He went away for as some one honked behind him to move on.

As the car driver began to start the car, I shouted at him ‘ NEED TO HAVE A LITTLE COMMON SENSE'& He shouted something at me which I didn’t care. I just kept repeating, “move fast move fast”.

I shared this experience with my friend and told him that we Hyderabadis have the least driving sense. My friend disagreed, saying that it is the infrastructure and administration that should be blamed. That seemed a valid point to me. Even I believed the same so the argument ended.

So who is to be blamed? The driver, or the administrators, or the people themselves?
Instead of cribbing, I’ve got a solution for this:

a) Open schools early in the mornings
b) Apply the same to all the Government Offices.
c) Take maximum from Big Corporate firms that employ huge number of people to Help in employing traffic monitoring and educating road users with the rules and traffic sense that has to be applied while driving on roads especially like the Hyderabad Roads.
d) Teach RTC drivers to stick to one lane.
e) Make it compulsory that RTC bus stops in the Bus Bay only rather than in the middle of the road.
f) Don't Fine the traffic violators, If advisable to rather cancel their License & ask them to apply for a fresh license.

But I strongly believe by following these rules it will help Our city with Traffic Problems.

No comments:

Post a Comment